If you’re looking for the best web hosting services for your next project, In my experience Namecheap could be an option worth considering. On the surface, it offers competitive prices, a suite of features, and generous shared hosting plans.
By analyzing this provider’s plans and pricing, features, support, and security, we aim to provide the information that you need in order to decide whether it’s the right option for you.
Most people know of Namecheap as a domain registration and management service, but they also offer web hosting services. Founded in 2000, Namecheap began by offering value-priced domains and excellent customer service. Today, they have over 3 million clients and manage over 11 million domains.
In addition to domains and full web hosting packages, Namecheap sells SSL certificates, privacy protection services, and more. Because Namecheap thinks that an Internet presence for all is a necessity, they provide affordable access to everything you need to run a website.
Namecheap’s hosting plans offer fast, reliable service with a 100% uptime guarantee. If you need to build a new site, you can easily do so using one of Namecheap’s many site-building apps. If you have an existing website, Namecheap will move it for you for free.
In addition to a solid knowledge base, you can consult if you need help, Namecheap offers 24/7 chat support. You can also submit tickets for review.
Plans and pricing
When it comes to shared hosting, prices start from just $1.88 a month for a Stellar subscription. This renews at $3.88 a month after the first year. You will be able to connect three websites and have 20GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, one free domain name, and access to a free website builder.
Upgrading to the Stellar Plus plan (from $2.98 a month) adds unmetered storage and bandwidth, while the Stellar Business plan (from $4.98 a month) comes with 50GB of cloud storage. All shared hosting plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Shared Hosting Features
Namecheap offers entirely free website migrations across the board. If you already have an account with another provider, simply follow the steps to transfer your site to your new account.
There’s also a domain registration portal that you can take advantage of when registering a new domain. The main benefit of this is that it enables you to manage everything through one central Namecheap account, simplifying workflows and resulting in greater efficiency.
What are Namecheap’s Main Features?
Namecheap hosting comes complete with a number of distinct features. Below we will take a look at some of the main features included with this host.
- 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA). (You’ll receive credits if this isn’t achieved.)
- Namecheap uses the latest server technology from brands like Dell, HP, and Supermicro.
- Every component has multiple redundancies, whether it’s the power source, the network card or the high speed of the servers.
- Pages load extremely fast, a necessity for any business.
- cPanel is used. This is the most commonly used control panel in the world and it makes life easier for users.
- The Softaculous installer enables you to use WordPress or other apps with just a few clicks. You can update and maintain your applications with great ease.
- Easy to upgrade your hosting package if your business grows too big for the current package.
- All of their shared hosting plans have unmetered bandwidth.
- Twice a week backups for all plans, plus auto backup for free with Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
- 100+ single click apps.
- Single contact point for billing and support.
- No contracts.
- Free migration of sites from other hosting providers
- Free email accounts with all hosting plans — 30 email accounts for Stellar, unlimited email acounts for Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
Customer Support and Help
If something were to go wrong with your hosting package then there are a number of ways that you can contact the Namecheap support team and/or get help. These are as follows:
- 24/7/365 Live chat
- Comprehensive knowledge base
- Forum where you can find your own answers
- No form of phone support is available.
If you decide that Namecheap isn’t the right hosting service for you then you are entitled to a money-back guarantee. Here are some points to remember:
- 30 day money-back guarantee.
- Shared plans have 100% uptime.
- All other plans “only” have 99.9% uptime.
- Sales of all extra add-ons such as server management, dedicated IP address and licenses are non-refundable.
Cheapest Shared Hosting Comparison Chart
|Hosting Provider||Cost(1st Year)||Cost(2nd Year)||Up Time||Load Time||Support 24/7||Disk Space||Money Back Guarantee||Free Domain|